Friday, 7 August 2009

Day 2 Thursday

After saying bye to Yosef and being loaded up with a ton of stupidly expensive dark chocolate he'd come into possession of and vegan muffins for the trip I got to his house to pick up my pack only to find I was locked out and his roommate gone with 30 mins until I had to leave for the airport. Luckly Martie was around the corner and had a key.

As soon as I walked into SFO I bumped into Larry waiting for his mate to go get lunch. Once checking in for my flight to sound and fury the guy behind the counter advised me to make sure the ladies "hear your accent".

Once I got to LAX then the fun started. The cheap express link I had be told about didn't actually exist so I could either pay for a taxi to do a hour and a half drive blowing at least two days budget, or see if a train was going. So I phoned up Amtrak and reserved a $20 ticket leaving at 7pm. As it was 5.30 I thought that was plenty of time but as I put the phone down the bust to the station left. The next one got stuck in LA traffic and go me their at 7.10pm . luckily there was a bus at 9.10pm so I got a ticket. when wondering around the station some guy gave me a knowing nod and a smile, assuming it was the "your wearing a hardcore shirt" nob I nodded back then noticed he was covered in Nazi prison tats and I'm thinking he might have misunderstood my SSD shirt. I managed to befriend a homeless guy who stopped and saluted street cleaners and recommended me a quality cheap Mexican place. I then killed the rest of the time reading in a small garden off the side of union station reading and watching a wild raccoon play in a tree before getting the bus to Oxnard.

No comments:

Post a Comment